Writing, editing and chocolate

Okay, you caught me out.  I only put in chocolate to add something a little different to my blog, since all I ever talk about is either writing or editing, or trying to manage a two year old.

Writing the novella for the prequel to Pulse is occupying all my spare time at the moment, which is a shame because today we got a telescope, which is sitting in the entrance hall still in it's box.  I'll get around to assembling it one day.

But at the moment, my focus is on getting a book published by August and since the agents are continuing to send me rejection letters, I'll just keep on focusing on getting self published. 

I think it's time for a different sort of YA book to be on the market.  I want flawed characters who are just as confused as the rest of us.  I'm tired of reading about gorgeous characters.  What about the plain and ordinary people who make up the majority of earth-dwellers?

Guess I better get back to writing about them.

Comments

Popular Posts