March Already

Wow, where did the first three months of the year go?   Insanely quick.

I've been busy editing Glimmer, working on a new story (that is already up to 76,000 words in a matter of two weeks) and doing some beta reading for other writers (which I love doing and if I could live off fresh air, I would keep doing it).

I decided last year that I was tired of looking at the 25 year old paint on the walls of the house, and thought it needed a facelift.  So I started painting and it's been a very long process so far, due to wet weather, illness and writing/editing/proofing.

This summer has been unseasonally wet.  More floods around Australia, more rain.  The workshop under our house was flooded, so it was all hands on deck to get the water out.

I've blogged a little on my GoodReads page :
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5236552.Acacia_Green

Must dash.  Have to clean up the kitchen after dinner, put another load of washing through the machine, play with Master three so he'll sleep though the night, tidy the house, skip more rope, edit my new book, working title The Fair, and of course finish the last 50 pages of editing for Glimmer. 

I also need to order a new printer toner, so I can print out Glimmer and do the final edits.  Regardless of how amazing editing is in Word, I still love red pens and hardcopies for final edits.  Although I own a Kindle, I still love the whole textual appeal of sitting with a book and flipping pages.

Stay safe.

Comments

Popular Posts