Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great New Year, although technically speaking I don't think 1 January applied to everyone as New Year's Day.

My excuse for not blogging is quilting.  I've been bitten by the bug and I've been trying to teach myself how to quilt.  I've also been busy gardening and sewing....


Oh crap... I sound terribly domesticated and crafty, but I'm not.  Not really.  I do try hard and I guess that makes up for my lack of crafty creativity.

Last night we had a small microbat in the house.  Half asleep at midnight, I saw it fly past and thought "Wow that's a big moth."  Turn on lights to try and get it to fly down one end of the house, closed off rooms, gave up on trying to find it when I couldn't find it despite looking in all the rooms.  I went off to pack the dishwasher and discovered it roosting on a cheese grater in the sink.

To cut a long story short, put it outside, and called the wildlife rescue team who came around and collected it.  They were going to give it a safe place to rest today and release it tonight, so I hope the little guy is out there, catching mosquitos tonight.

In addition to the crafty quilting, I've been painting the house.  Not very exiting but yet another distraction from writing.

Anyhow, just wanted to pop in, update you all on the very uninteresting life of a writer (well this one in particular) and let you know that I'm still here, writing away, when I'm not quilting or painting or toddler wrangling.

stay safe and read a good book.

Comments

Popular Posts